Aave's referral program consists of a 20% fee-share. This is how it works:
- Each loan currently incurs a 0.0000001% origination fee.
- 80% of this fee is allocated in the protocol fund.
- 20% of this fee is redistributed to the referrers.
- The referrers consist of the liquidity providers (
deposit()) and the borrow providers (
- 40% of this fee goes to the liquidity providers (effectively 8% of origination fee).
- 60% of this fee goes to the borrow providers (effectively 12% of origination fee).
- For example with a 0,25% origination fee: A user take out a 1000 DAI loan.
- Origination fee: 2.50 DAI
- Amount used to buy and burn LEND: 2 DAI
- Amount redistributed to referrers: 0.50 DAI
- Amount going to liquidity providers: 0.20 DAI
- Amount going to borrow providers: 0.30 DAI
If you do not wish to participate in the program, or need a placeholder during testing, then use the referral code: